Xpangineers is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) referred to as “GDPR”; the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC (as updated by Directive 2009/136/EC) and applicable local laws. This privacy statement explains how we collect, use, provide, store and protect your personal data.
This Privacy Statement applies to all of Xpangineer’s processing of personal data, regardless of the means thereof (website, Platform services and tools, collectively: “Services”) that reference this Privacy Statement regardless of how you access or use it, including using mobile devices.
We may change this privacy statement at any time by posting the amended version on this website with the effective date of the amended version. We will announce material changes to this privacy statement via email.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
What are personal data?
Personal data consists of information about an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is a living human being who can be uniquely identified directly or indirectly by an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more elements that characterize the physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We do not consider data that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific living person as personal data.
We collect, process, store, transfer and make public personal information from you and the devices (including mobile devices) you use when you make use of our Services. The data we generally process are: identifying details, contact details, details in relation to projects and Service Contracts performed by you, reviews of your performance, personal identification and verification details required to operate the Platform, invoices related to you and payments made by or to you. The purposes for processing these personal data are:
- Advertising your skills, education and experience on the platform;
- Concluding agreements with Customers, performing services for Customers and settling disputes and invoices in relation to such services;
- Collecting and making accessible reviews about your performance on the Platform;
- Benchmarking or ranking your performance on the Platform.
For Customers (‘ officers or employees):
- Advertising your Requests on the platform;
- Concluding agreements with Freelancers, facilitating the performance of services, settling disputes and invoices in relation to such services;
- Collecting and making accessible reviews about their performance.
- Benchmarking or ranking their performance on the Platform.
Some personal information, such as information that identifies you, is necessary to agree to our Terms and Conditions . We may also collect personal data from other sources as described below.
Personal information that you provide to us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Basic information such as name, age, postal address, email address and phone number
- Details about User’s and/or user’s employer (name, address, phone number, ID and VAT ID) should such information be considered to be personal data
- Authentication information such as username and password, and if any third party service (e.g. Facebook) is used to sign in, the user ID of that service
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) associated with a transaction.
- When using our Services, you may be asked to provide your age, gender, completed CV and certifications.
- You may also provide us with other information by means of a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, by chats, in the context of dispute resolution, or when you otherwise communicate with us about our Services.
- Additional information, where we are required or authorized by applicable national law to collect and process it to identify you or verify your identity or to verify the information we have collected.
Technical information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- IP address
- Geographical location data based on the IP address
- Service access times
- Statistics on page views
- Any other automatically collected technical data
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Personal Information collected from other sources
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information when you register for access to the Platform as a customer or a Freelancer, or when you update your account information. We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- We use personal information to provide the Service, including creating your account, making public your profile, assigning engagements and providing payment to you
- We use information about your job skills, qualifications, certifications and job history with the Service to better match you with the most appropriate job using matching algorithms and other processing
- We may provide your personal information, where allowed by law, to 3rd parties in order to conduct some verifications.
- To prevent fraudulent use of our Service and other systems
- To prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in violation of our Terms and Conditions or applicable law
- We may also use the personal information you provide to contact you regarding your use of the Service, for example, emails related to a job you are working on, or a job you have requested Freelancers to apply for.
- We may also use the personal information you provide to verify certain contact information such as email address or phone number. For example, we may send you an email to verify you are the owner of the email address you provided, or an SMS message to verify the phone number you provided
- We may use your mobile device identifier to send you in-app messages related to your use of the Service
The primary legal ground for using your (officers’/employees’) personal data is to operate the Platform optimally, thereby discharging us of our contractual duty of care to you under the Terms and Conditions.
We make use of third parties (‘data processors’) to operate the Platform and make online accessibility possible. We have data protection agreements in place, under which the data processors are imposed to guarantee the adherence to their legal obligations.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, and whether you want to stay logged in to your account.
If you receive marketing email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving marketing email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time by sending your request to us by email at support@Xpangineers.com.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving marketing email from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your opt-out request, and you may receive marketing email from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving marketing messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative and transactional messages from us regarding your use of the Service.
Stay logged in
When you log in to your account through our Services, we provide you with the option to remain logged in to your account for a specified amount of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we recommend that you do not stay logged in. You or any other user of the computer / browser you have logged in to can view and access most of your account and perform certain actions during this login period without requiring further authorization. If you try to change your password or username or update other account information, you may be prompted to enter your password.
You can generally end your login session by logging out and / or clearing your cookies. If you have enabled certain privacy settings in the browser, you can also end the login session by closing the browser. If you are using a public or shared computer, you must log out and / or clear your cookies when you are done using our Services to protect your account and your personal data.
RIGHTS TO ACCESS
If you have a user account and profile on our Service, you have the right to access and update many categories of personal information that you provide to us by logging in to your account and accessing your account settings. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, you may contact us at support@Xpangineers.com. If you request that we delete your account with our Service, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal information in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. You can also ask us to delete or restrict our use of your personal data, but that right depends on applicable law and may affect your access to some of our Services.
We respect any legal right you may have to access and amend or delete your personal information. If you want to request access, please contact us support@Xpangineers.com. If you have a legal right to request access or to request changes or deletion of your personal data, we may in certain cases and in accordance with applicable national law withhold such access or refuse to change or delete your personal data.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Except when necessary for mandatory, legal reasons or in connection with litigation, we will keep your data including invoices and accounting information for 7 (Seven) years after the last agreement through our Platform was completed or terminated, including all obligations necessary to wind up the rights and obligations related to such agreement. When we no longer need to keep your personal data, we will securely delete it.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We protect your personal data using technical security measures to minimize the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and changes. Our safeguards include, for example:
- Access Control: Only authorised administrators, users and applications have access to applications. MultiFactor Authorisation is required for administrators.
- Monitoring and Logging: Every event is logged with AWS CloudTrail, and monitored via AWS CloudWatch.
- Encryption: All requests must be made via HTTPS, so data is encrypted in transit with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates. All user data is encrypted at rest with AES256 via AWS S3 and AWS DynamoDB.
However we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. Therefore, you should take any measures you feel appropriate and necessary to secure your Account, its content and transmission of your data (e.g. encrypting your data and using secure encrypted connection to communicate with the Services). Also, it is your responsibility to keep your password and any other identification mean confidential and not to disclose them to any other person. Additionally, you must always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact support@Xpangineers.com immediately.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Even though we take care in processing personal data, you may think or suspect something is wrong. In such case, we will be happy to discuss with you to improve our processes in any way we can or otherwise resolve any issues you may have. Any natural person of whom personal data is or has been processed by us or by a data processor contracted by us has the following rights under the GDPR:
- Request information about such data processing;
- Have access to the data processed;
- Obtain a copy of the data processed;
- Have the data corrected or added to;
- Have the personal data deleted in whole or in part;
- Have the processing of the data restricted;
- Data portability;
- Complain about the data processing with the appropriate authorities (in The Netherlands: the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
Please be aware, that processing personal data is necessary to operate the Platform in the way envisioned and that by making use of your rights under the GDPR, the proper working of the Platform may be affected, In that event, we will offer you the choice of either persisting in the exercise of your rights and withdrawing from the Platform or staying with the Platform where an optimal balance of your rights and the proper functioning of the platform will be our goal.
TO CONTACT US